Jeonbuk-Ulsan ACL Quarterfinals 1st Leg 1-1 Draw

Jeonbuk-Ulsan ACL Quarterfinals 1st Leg 1-1 Draw… General Song Min-gyu and General Lee Myung-jae

Jeonbuk-Ulsan, ‘semi-finalists’ in the second round of the quarterfinals on the 12th

The Jeonbuk Hyundai drew with Ulsan HD in the first leg of the quarterfinals of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Champions League (ACL),

held in the ‘Hyundai Family Derby’, shouting ‘Generals and Mengs’.

In Jeonbuk’s home game against Ulsan in the first leg of the 2023-2024 ACL quarterfinals held at Jeonju World Cup Stadium on the 5th, Song Min-gyu scored the opening goal in the 4th minute of the first half,

but gave up an equalizer to Lee Myung-jae in the 32nd minute of the second half, resulting in a 1-1 draw.

Jeonbuk and Ulsan, who failed to win the first ‘Hyundai Derby’ this season,

will decide who will advance to the semifinals in the second leg of the quarterfinals held at Munsu Stadium in Ulsan on the 12th.

Jeonbuk entered the ‘Hyundai derby’ with a 4-4-2 tactic, entrusting Song Min-gyu and Thiago as the two top strikers and Kim Tae-hwan, who transferred from Ulsan, as the right full-back.

In response, Ulsan used a 4-2-3-1 tactic with last season’s K-League 1 top scorer Joo Min-gyu as the lone striker and Kim Ji-hyun and Eom Won-sang on the left and right wings.

In the early stages of the game, Jeonbuk took the lead with right wing Lee Dong-jun’s fast penetration into the back space. 카지노

Jeonbuk scored a goal in the 4th minute of the first half, and the star was Song Min-gyu.

Lee Dong-jun received a pass from central midfielder Lee Soo-bin,

broke through to the right side and made a strong cross, and Song Min-gyu,

who quickly rushed to the front of the goal, changed the direction of the ball with his right foot and succeeded in scoring.

Jeonbuk, who harassed Ulsan’s defense with a quick counterattack,

took the opportunity to score an additional goal when Lee Dong-jun induced a penalty kick in the 22nd minute of the first half.

The moment Lee Dong-Jun attempted to catch a cross from midfield on the right side of the penalty area,

Ulsan midfielder Lee Myung-Jae, who was trying to stop him, hit his chest with his left foot and collapsed.

The referee immediately declared a penalty kick.

Thiago, who was recruited from Daejeon Hana Citizen and ranked second in scoring in K-League 1 last season,

played as a kicker and attempted to score his first goal since his transfer,

but failed to score as his right-footed shot hit the crossbar.

Ulsan, where ‘goal scorer’ Ju Min-gyu had little chance to catch the ball,

was most disappointed when Eom Won-sang’s right-footed shot,

which broke through to the right of the penalty area in extra time in the first half, was blocked by the goalkeeper.

As the second half began, Ulsan attempted to turn things around by substituting Ataru and Kim Min-woo,

the ‘first goal scorers’ of this season’s K League 1, while Jeonbuk countered by replacing midfielder Lee Dong-jun,

who helped score the first goal, with midfielder Han Kyo-won.

In the 6th minute of the second half, Ulsan lost a chance to score a decisive equalizer when central defender Hwang Seok-ho,

who took part in the attack during a left corner kick situation, slightly missed Jeonbuk’s right goal post.

The 19th minute of the second half, Ulsan strengthened its front-line attack by replacing attacking midfielder Kim Min-hyuk,

who suffered bleeding after being stepped on during a goal-fight, with striker Martin Adam.

In the 26th minute of the second half, Martin Adam received Ataru’s penetration pass and attempted a left-footed shot from the penalty area,

aiming straight at the goalkeeper, failing to capitalize on the opportunity.

Jeonbuk, which had faltered for a while, was disappointed that in the 30th minute of the second half,

Park Jin-seop’s surprise left-footed mid-range shot near the penalty arc was aimed at the left corner of Ulsan’s goal,

but was blocked by a superb save by Ulsan’s ‘Spider Hand’ Cho Hyun-woo.

In the end, Ulsan took advantage of an invisible mistake by the Jeonbuk defense and succeeded in scoring the tying goal.

In the 32nd minute of the second half, defender Jeong Tae-wook fell and kicked the ball in front of Jeonbuk’s goal,

nd it landed on the toes of Ulsan’s Lee Myung-jae, who was on the left side of the penalty area.

Lee Myung-jae scored with a right-footed shot to bring the game back to square one.

Jeonbuk’s Ahn Hyun-beom’s shot missed the goal in the 40th minute of the second half,

and Ulsan’s left-footed mid-range shot in the 41st minute of the second half was blocked by the goalkeeper,

ultimately losing the game at 1-1.

About the Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like these